• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Megan Coilover - 2010-12 vs 2013 suspension differences

Started by EcoPowerParts, July 13, 2013, 01:26:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

The guys on the Flex forum and I are working on comparing the suspension between the 10-12 and 13's to see if the Megans will fit on the new 13 suspension.

Here's some measurements of the '13 Flex suspension:
Quote from: LansonAll,

I think a unified thread that covers what we've been talking about regarding suspension mods is in order, so I hope this will do.  I'll try and put into order what we've been talking about over the last many threads and off-topic jaunts, so we have as much information as possible.

Per our last conversations, I took my wheels off during a tire rotation and got as many pictures and measurements as I could think of.  Hopefully we can compare known 2012 and older units and really see what would work in terms of coilovers and other things (like aggressive fitments.)

For picture reference, my Flex is a 2013 AWD N/A engine, SEL w/ 18" stock wheels.

This is with the front end jacked up and ready for wheel removal, so strut is at full extension.

This is the brake set.  Man these things are big and bad-ass looking when you really get up close with them.

Strut and knuckle overview

From bolt eye-hole to eye-hole, I measure about 3 3/8 give or take.

From the top of the strut to the knuckle mount portion of the strut, I measure 7".

The strut's knuckle mount section is about 5" tall.

The strut's knuckle mount section is about 4" wide.

This is the other side of the strut mount.

This is the rear suspension, just showing the part that I think might rub a wide wheel or tire.  That brake hose mount with the squared-off ends on the top right corner of this pic appears to be it.  Since that part is solidly mounted to the car, I measured that to the outside of the fender and got right at 11".  So, definitely want to not go wider than that. 

Admittedly I don't know what I'm measuring when it comes to suspension differences between the models, so I hope I got the right ones so we can compare and figure all this out.

I'll be making another thread to discuss aggressive wheel fitments, tire/wheel weights, etc.  I pulled my stock wheels and weighed them, and some other things.  So that's coming up in a separate thread shortly.

I'll post up with my measurement when we get my coilovers to compare.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

crash712us

Front strut on 13 are entirely different and use a completely different strut mounting system.

here is steering knuckle used 2010-12

here is 2013

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

EcoPowerParts

Well we'll have to work with Megan to get the 13 guys some love as well.

Sent from my phone with lots of misspelled words...

www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

EcoPowerParts

Looks like if we get the "mounts" from the 13's the angle stays the same, it will take a little bit to verify. It almost looks like someone could take out their '13 strut and put the Megan in the new strut mount.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoPowerParts

More info today:

Quote from: badluckHere is the megan racing kit

The two bolt pinch collar mount is part of the factory strut.  If someone made one to mount to the megan strut, in theory there strut would fit a 2013+.  Judging by the picture of the megan strut and the diagram, the bottom tab would have to be removed as it is part of the 09-12 mounting system.

Quote from: 4DRHTRDLooks like a welded on tab from Megan, probably wouldn't be too hard to have Japan ship over some without the welded tab.
OK stock 09-12 strut:

13 strut:
www.ecopowerparts.com -