• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dyno power gains w/ stock SHO and LMS Stage 4

Started by Fast SHO, November 19, 2013, 08:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

The 6F55 Trans is pretty stout.

But i'll be personally testing those waters (480-550awhp ranges) myself after I achieve my newest dyno tune from LMS to capitalize upon my newly installed ATP Turbo upgrades.

Still waiting on my hard pipes to arrive.... probably gonna schedule the tune though for sometime in January after the Holidays are over.

There's plenty of us though that are running around in the 400-440awhp range(s) currently, that haven't had any issues if that's any indicator. :dunno:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

BiGMaC

bpd... Cool. Anxious to see your dyno and impressions.

Did your engine cover still fit with the new turbos?

Happy Thanksgiving.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

bpd1151

I am confused as to why my engine cover wouldn't fit?

If you are referring to the large plastic under belly pan then yes that still fits.

The decorative cover on top of the engine still fits as well (since each turbo is mounted down low, towards the bottom of either side of the engine block).

The turbo housings themselves did not change or increase in size.

I think that's why you're asking that question correct? Because you are presuming the turbos are bigger?

What was enlarged (on each turbo) were the diameters of the compressor and exhaust wheels. However the overall housings themselves remained unchanged.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

BiGMaC

Yes.. your correct. I was asking about the top shroud that hides the engine.  Considering painting  or hydroing it and also considering turbo upgrade... didn't want to waste my time.

:thankyou:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

Fast SHO

Thinking about getting down pipes.  Was wondering if anyone had a dyno graph for stage IV+ and downpipes only.
2014 SHO PP

DJE624

I don't have DPs but, I would bet you are looking at about 365 WHP.

BTW-This is what I am planning on.

BiGMaC

4DR has a list he posted... sorry, I don't know the thread of hand... he lists them at about 20HP catted or uncatted.

EcoBrick Bob

No HP difference.. Just depends on if you want your car to meow or BARK!!!  I have catted downpipes but removed 3rd cat and mid-muffler. Also have "X" pipe and Magnaflows.  My car just GROWL's! LOL
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

DJE624

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on December 09, 2013, 02:15:19 PM
No HP difference.. Just depends on if you want your car to meow or BARK!!!  I have catted downpipes but removed 3rd cat and mid-muffler. Also have "X" pipe and Magnaflows.  My car just GROWL's! LOL

Are you saying no HP difference with down pipes?

68_GT

what's the difference in stage 3, stage 4 and stage +4 ?

I think I have stage 3. I hate leaving power on the table (especially free power) and I maybe leaving a lot out ?!?!/ is it the timing and fuel available ?

I think I only have 92 available around here.....

Will the XV1 be the top dog and trump stage 1, 2, 3, 4, +4 ??
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

DJE624

Xv1 Will be the top dog.  I'm not sure if the have a 4+ for 91 Octane.  They didn't a few months ago when I bugged them about it.  I thought when I moved, I might only have 91 here.  Luckily, I found a couple of Speedways that have it. So, I didn't press it.  At that time Anthony told me that Stage 4 was the highest they went with 91 Octane.  I'm pretty sure that the Xv1 will come in 91 and 93.

68_GT

I remember now.... pulled an old e-mail from Anthony at LMS. Stage 3 for 2013 is the same as previous years stage 4.......

For the AIW we offer either 91 or 93 octane performance which is basically stage 4 of the prior model years that used the SCT tuner.  Most customers chose to run stage 4 always so we didn't see a need to have multiple stages with the new device.  Here are the stages for the 10-12 SHO SCT tuner.

- Stage 1 - SCT X-Cal 3 w/ transmission modifications with reduced torque management and removed speed limiter
- Stage 2 - SCT X-Cal 3 w/ raised boost, increased timing, transmission modifications with reduced torque management, and removed speed limiter
- Stage 3 - SCT X-Cal 3 w/ raised boost, increased timing, transmission modifications with no torque management, and removed speed limiter
- Stage 4 - SCT X-Cal 3 w/ raised boost, increased timing, transmission modifications with no torque management, and removed speed limiter
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

DJE624

Right.  So the Xv1 will bring 13's and 14's the extended boost of the 4+.  AND, will benefit ALL SHOs with higher boosts along with cooler temps using the 170 Thermostat and 3 Bar upgrades.

EcoBrick Bob

Quote from: DJE624 on December 09, 2013, 03:04:29 PM
Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on December 09, 2013, 02:15:19 PM

Are you saying no HP difference with down pipes?

NOOOOO... just no difference between meow and bark....  Downpipes, whether catted or uncatted are almost equal... cats are high flow and don't restrict much, especially when you add more pipe behind.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

BiGMaC

I asked the folks at Airaid what the dyno gains in WHP showed with the current version for the stock SHO... below is the email reply;

Hi Tom

Increases of 9hp and 15ft/lbs were seen with the Airaid CAI on the Taurus SHO. These increases were seen at the wheel with no other performance modifications. Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Mark Fowler
Lead - CSR
AIRAID Filter Company
2688 E Rose Garden Lane
Phoenix, AZ. 85050
P. 602-652-9727
F. 602-652-9827

Don't know what applies with a tune... anyone with some dyno information?